Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Supreme court blog

Supreme court of the United States


Watching a video about the history of the U.S. Supreme Court gave me a new appreciation for how much influence the Court has over the country. One idea that stood out to me was that the Court is one of the most powerful groups of judges in the world because its decisions can affect the lives of millions of people.

I was also reminded that the United States still operates under a Constitution that is more than 200 years old. Even after all that time, the Constitution remains the foundation for many of the Court's decisions and continues to shape the country today.

One thing that surprised me was learning how important the confirmation process is when a new justice joins the Court. I also found it interesting that a new official photo is taken when a new judge arrives. Small traditions like that help show the importance of the institution.

The relationship between the Supreme Court and presidents was another topic that caught my attention. I was surprised to learn that presidents have sometimes tried to influence or reshape the Court in ways that support their own goals.

Some of the most important moments in American history have passed through the Supreme Court. One decision discussed in the video supported slavery and denied citizenship to Black people. Later, constitutional changes abolished slavery and expanded voting rights to women, showing how the nation and its laws can evolve over time.

Today, the Court plays a major role in addressing issues that affect the entire country. It receives about 7,000 petitions every year, and those petitions are reviewed and discussed before the justices decide which cases deserve their attention.

What fascinated me most was learning about the process inside the Court itself. The justices discuss cases, vote, and follow traditions such as shaking each other's hands. These practices help maintain respect among people who may strongly disagree on important legal issues.

The biggest surprise for me was discovering that each justice has their own approach to a case. I had assumed they all followed the same method, but the video showed that different perspectives and ways of thinking play a role in how decisions are reached.

One phrase from the video stayed with me. The Court was described as leaving footprints in a fresh slab of concrete over time. That image captures how each generation of justices leaves a lasting mark on the country and its history.

Writing improvements: I organized the notes into a clear narrative, connected related ideas with transitions, and used short journalistic-style paragraphs. I also kept the focus on your personal takeaways from the video and avoided adding outside information.

AI Discloser: AI was not used in the research and intermation for this blogpost all information came from notes I took from a video called supreme court of the United States. I then promted micorsoft copolite pro to help shape my notes into a blog posted of between 300 and 350 words written in smooth profensional style. I then added links to online sourses that the readert could puruse for more infromation. Finally I added apporpiote images and captions to help break up the type and give the post more proffestional look. 

Links

https://www.supremecourt.gov/ 

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/historyandtraditions.aspx

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/traditions.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment